With all the depressing news over the past year, like most people I’ve turned to television and/or books to escape. As a die hard Gilmore Girls fan, I was counting down the days until the premiere of Amy Sherman-Palladino‘s new series, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and she did not disappoint! Miriam “Midge” Maisel, played by Rachel Brosnahan, is so inspiring and just what we need to cope amidst the #TimesUp and #MeToo movements.
Set in New York City in 1958, Midge’s life is turned upside down when her husband leaves her and their two kids. She goes from housewife to working girl and aspiring stand-up comedian, relying on her sense of humor, confidence, style, and tenacity to make her way in a world and industry dominated by men.
If you don’t already know, I’m obsessed with the clothing from the ’50s & ’60’s, so the costumes on this show give me so much joy. I’m hoping Amazon teams up with a clothing line in time for the Season 2 premiere. Fingers crossed.
Here are my Top 10 dresses inspired by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and they are all under $200! Enjoy!
2. Adrianna Papell Fit & Flare Dress
3. Betsey Johnson Floral Fit & Flare Dress
4. Adrianna Papell Alyssa Floral Organza Fit & Flare Dress
5. Modcloth’s Fabulous Fit and Flare Dress with Pockets in Navy
6. Adrianna Papell’s Tafetta Skirt Dress
7. Eliza J. Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress
8. SL Fashions Plus Sized Sequined Dress & Jacket
9. Tahari Arthur S. Levine Bow Waist Fit & Flare Dress
10. R&M Richards Belted Floral Brocade Fit & Flare Dress
If you haven’t binged The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, you are in luck. To celebrate their Golden Globes wins, Amazon Prime is allowing you to watch for FREE through Monday.